Friday, October 5, 2012

Columbus Day Blues...for the kids at least!


Columbus Day is now one of those obscure Federal holidays that you aren't quite sure if you have off or not.  I'll tell you why it's the parents' FAVORITE holiday...parents who work for larger employers and typically following the Federal holiday schedule get the day off.  BUT for the children enrolled in the Montgomery County Public School System, they DON'T have the day off!!! Why?  The most reasonable explanation is because the children get off of school for all the Jewish holidays (I didn't realize until I was an adult that not everyone had all the Jewish holidays off!), therefore, Columbus discovering the new world just doesn't mean a stink'in thing!

All in all, what does this mean? PARENTS GET THE WHOLE DAY OFF WHILE THEIR KIDS ARE IN SCHOOL!  Don't get me wrong, I love my daughter, but mama needs her much needed mani/pedi! =P


No comments:

Post a Comment