Friday, November 23, 2012

Happy First Birthday Abigail

One year ago, this bundle of joy came into my life.  I know it sounds trite, but time really does fly.


This time last year, I was at Shady Grove Hospital prepped and ready for an emergency C-Section.  26 hours after my first labor pains, this 7 pound 13 ounce beautiful bouncing girl popped out.  I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Shady Grove's maternity ward.  All the nurses were super nice and helpful.  After the building's renovation, all of the suites are private - no sharing bathrooms!  I can't even imagine what it was like back in the day sharing a hospital room after a human being comes out of your body.

Anyways, our family shared a fairly low key day: a fantastic breakfast at the Original Pancake House in Rockville (Abigail couldn't stop eating pancakes!) and then we played at the Falls Road Park for a bit before she crashed.  Happy Birthday Munchkin!



No comments:

Post a Comment