Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Celebrating Life

I've been struggling to write in my blog these days after Friday's shooting.  I too have been spending time hugging the crap out of my daughter, crying at every mention of Friday's events, and glued to the tv and internet for stories of heroism and sympathy.  The Winter days have also been somewhat gloomy, as if a sign from the weather gods that the entire nation is sad.  I know I should stay away from the internet but I can't help but read. 

All the smiling faces of the victims that show such budding futures and promises, I want to know more about each little life and what their hopes and dreams were.  It utterly breaks my heart for all these young lives cut short.  Some of the descriptions of these kids brought such a smile to my face.  For example, 6-year old Emilie Parker was always willing to try new things, other than food.  6-year old Jack Pinto was a big Giants fan, so much so that his family was considering buying him in his jersey.  6-year old Jessica Rekos fell in love with orcas after she saw the movie "Free Willy".  6-year old Avielle Richman took up archery this past summer, after watching the movie "Brave". And my favorie, 6-year-old Noah Pozner wanted to be a doctor, a soldier, and a taco factory manager (so he could eat all the tacos he wanted!).

In these dark days before the holidays, I hope you take the time to celebrate how fragile life can be.  Hug the ones you love, live your life without regrets, happy is what happy does, and don't be afraid to try something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment