Monday, December 3, 2012

Rewind...Recap

So many things to write about and so little time to do it!  I'm a little behind on posting but let me try to recap...

1. Thanksgiving 2012

Dinner was wonderful at China Wok.  As you can see, Abby was mesmerized by the duck carving magic.  She couldn't stop staring!




2. Enchantment of the Sea Cruise

Our 7-day cruise on Royal Caribbean's Enchantment of the Sea was wonderful! Abby was a champ, also helped that she could walk at that point.  The food was so good that Abby refused to eat baby food!  I was pleasantly surprised by Baltimore's cruise terminal: clean, organized, and efficient.


3. National Harbor

Got a Groupon for the National Harbor's Holiday Festival (which was a total waste of time).  It was pretty much a tent full of useless vendors.  However, the Harbor itself was full of wonderful holiday decorations.







I also made a FABULOUS discovery down by the Harbor, just the most FANTASTIC, AWESOME, BESTEST froyo...EVER.  PINKBERRY!  Back in the day, my friends and I would wait up to a half an hour in line for "crack"-berry in NYC and this is the only metro-DC location that I know of thus far.  Needless to say, I had to introduce Abby to the stuff.  She's a fan, and definitely my offspring!


And finally, I leave you with these great photos of Awakening, a sculpture previously located at Hains Point in Washington, DC.  In 2008, the Peterson Companies, the developer of National Harbor, purchased the sculpture and moved it to the Harbor.





1 comment: