If you're brave enough to fight off the tourists, the National Cherry Blossom Festival is going on now from March 20th - April 14th. According to the experts, PEAK BLOOM IS NOW (defined as 70% of blossoms) April 6-8th!
If you're a local like me, you check out the local cherry blossoms and just watch the tidal basin blooms on tv! =P
Here's my (not so) secret list of places to check out cherry blossoms in Montgomery County, MD (and surrounding areas).
- Kenwood, a Bethesda neighborhood between Little Falls Parkway and River Road
- St. James Road closer to Potomac - a little hidden gem where a full street of cherry blossom trees bloom (this is where my husband and I took engagement photos!)
- Sligo Creek Park in Silver Spring
- Kentlands in Gaithersburg, MD
- Watts Branch Parkway and College Gardens in Rockville, MD near Montgomery College Rockville campus.
- Meadowlark Botanical Gardens in Vienna, VA