Sunday, November 3, 2013

Natural History Museum in DC

Best day to drive into DC and act like a tourist? Sundays.  1) No rush hour traffic 2) Don't have to pay for parking.  Check the calendar however because chances are, there's some type of race, walk, or protest going on at the Mall however!

But this Sunday, daylight savings gave me a whole extra hour to play so my daughter and I took full advantage.  We hit the Natural History Museum in Washington, DC, a great staple of the Smithsonian Institute.  I have countless childhood memories going here both with my parents and on school field trips (best part was eating at the cafes and gift shops!).  On this trip, I tried to find the best exhibits to entertain my soon to be 2 year old.

One of the exhibits was the butterfly exhibit which I've never been to.  $6 for adults and $0 for 2 years and younger, we went through an amazing enclosed butterfly exhibit where you could roam around along with hundreds of butterflies.  My daughter was A-MAZED.







Try to go first thing in the morning, this way, it won't be too crowded and you can take your time enjoying the butterflies!

No comments:

Post a Comment