Thursday, October 8, 2015

Another Lifetime Fitness in MoCo? Lifetime Fitness Gaithersburg

I'll admit.  Back in 2009-ish, I was a single working gal with all the disposable income in the world.  A quick 10 minute drive took me to Lifetime Fitness Rockville, next to what is now developed Park Potomac Place with businesses such as Moco Founding Farmers and Harris Teeter. Back living with mom and dad, I said to myself, 24/7 gym access?  eucalyptus sauna?  smoothie bar?  all for $100+ a month...whoa....SURE WHY NOT!

Today I learn that there will be a bigger and better Lifetime Fitness Gaithersburg off of Washingtonian Blvd which will be even more competition for existing Rio Sport & Health and new LA Fitness.  You can see bulldozers now preparing the land which is across Sam Eig in back of Kohls.  The whole complex is a mixed use development with offices, garages, and apartments.  Read more about it here.  What does this mean for neighboring residents? 1) more traffic on Sam Eig, 2) small spike in home prices in the area, 3) more competitive gym memberships!

I for one am excited a larger Lifetime Fitness is coming to the area.  I always hear raves about the huge family friendly Lifetime facilities in Northern VA that will be a notch up from the older Rio Sport and Health.


No comments:

Post a Comment