Friday, May 20, 2016

Who wants a Barn - 15021 Dufief Mill Road is up for Auction

After many years of being on the market, this former dairy barn will be going up for auction on Thursday, May 26th at 11am.  Previously listed for as much as $2.5 million, the property is a registerred historic barn that the previous owner operated as a vet hospital.  Opening bid of $500,000!  I'm surprised that there isn't a reserve for the auction (a minimum amount for the auction to be valid) however I believe the contract gives the auctioneer and/or owner the right to cancel the contract. The total property spans 1.81 acres, 3 buildings with 75+ parking spaces.  Being the real estate geek I am, I went to check out their open public inspection today to check out the space.  You can actually climb up the silos (not much to look at tho).

I'd be curious to see who ends up buying this great piece of property.  I may just observe the auction to see what happens.  I love the different angles of the building.  It's sad to see it's one of few MoCo barn structures still intact.  I know at one point there was a citizen's group trying to open a year round farmers market there however it never went anywhere.

Want more info?  Contact Williams & Williams Real Estate Auctions

What would you do with the property?

Top of the Silo







Original Barn Floors

Attempting to be artistic in this shot
















No comments:

Post a Comment