Friday, November 16, 2012

STELLLAAAAA

After a comforting Korean tofu soup lunch yesterday with a friend, I had the honor and privilege to introduce her to what is (in my opinion), THE GREATEST, YUMMIEST, MOST PERFECT little bakering in Rockville, Stella's Bakery.  Yes, it even beats my beloved Wegmans fruit tarts but that's a WHOLE 'nother future posting!  On every major holiday and birthday, my family would buy a Stella's fruit custard cake surrounded by toasted almonds.  I kid you not, I was more excited by the cake than my actual gifts (spoken like a true Asian).
 

My friend and I topped off our rediculously filling lunch with a couple bite sized eclairs and fruit tarts.  Best thing about the bite sized pastries is that you have less guilt! It's like going to a restaurant and instead of getting that huge piece of key lime pie, you opt for the key lime pie shooter.

Stella herself, I believe, is Greek so her pastries reflect a European and Mediterranean flavor (flaky, delicate, and not too sweet).  The bakery also features a wide assortment of fine chocolates (imported from Switzerland) and Illy brand coffee.


Don't get me wrong, you definitely pay for the freshness but it's SO worth it.  When in Rockville/North Bethesda, be sure to check it out.  They're closed on Mondays and major holidays so be sure to check their website for hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment