Sunday, January 20, 2013

MoCo road adoption approved!

My application for Adopt A Road was finally approved!  I am now responsible for Shady Grove Road between Piney Meetinghouse Road and Arbor Forest Drive (right before Human Genome).  How exciting! Every time I mention Adopt A Road, I always think back to that Seinfeld episode when Kramer adopts a highway and paints over the median making a 2 lane highway into a super wide lane! HA!

But in all seriousness, as part of the Adopt A Road program, I commit to clean my adopted road a minimum of six times per year.  Every time I clean, I have to also report the cleanings to the "Keep Montgomery County Beautiful Program".  Just look at the folder I received in the mail.

MoCo Tax dollars at work!
This handy folder had all sorts of great information in it:

  • MC311 - MoCo's phone number for non-emergency government information and services.
  • MoCo Recycling - What types of recycling is permitted for curb pick up and what to take to the Waste Station
  • When it Snows - What to expect when snow falls in MoCo
  • Being Good Neighbors - Maintaining the Residential Character of County Neighborhoods
  • Rainscapes Rewards - Helping Homes and Businesses Reduce Stormwater Runoff with Environmentally-friendly Landscaping (say THAT three times fast)
  • Poop Loop - Cleaning up after your pet
  • Residents' Guide to Services - Intro to the Ride On Real Time App
  • Renew Montgomery - Restoring MoCo infrastructure
  • GRAB - See Graffiti? GRaffiti ABatement Partners will take care of it
All I can say is WOW! I never knew all these resources were right at our fingertips!

No comments:

Post a Comment