Monday, February 11, 2013

Washington DC Restaurant Week 2013


This year's DC Restaurant Week came so quickly, I just didn't have a chance to go to many!  Since many of the DC restaurants had satellite locations in MoCo, I did, however get to experience 2 lunches last week.

First was Jaleo in Bethesda: 3 tapas and a dessert...delish.  Sorry, no pic since I went with company.

Second was weekend brunch at Chef Geoff's in Rockville.  Started with a white peach mimosa, fruit plate, fresh bread, brie stuffed french toast with sausage, flourless chocolate cake for dessert. And all for $20.13! AMAZING!

Since I completely annihilated my french toast, I snapped a pick of my brother's steak and eggs instead.

As a side note, this was my first time at Rockville Chef Geoff's space since the Irish gastropub, Againn (pronounced Agwen) closed.  But I had quite a few memories of the space when it was Houston's.   The atmosphere is a lot more open since the bar was moved and walls were opened up.  The walls were also painted white along with bright lights and maximum window area.  Here are a couple of my celebrity run-ins at the restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment