According to the Greater Capital Area Association of Realtors, GCAAR, housing inventory remained tight in Washington, DC and Montgomery County with fewer condos and single-homes available.
- Average Days on Market decreased 35.56% compared to March 2012
- Condo Median Price increased 5.3%.
- Available inventory decreased for condos by 29.9%, and also for single-family homes, 31.2%.
- New condo contracts increased by 7.5% but decreased for single-family homes by 5.8%.
- Buyers are more willing to go to open houses in nicer weather
- Sellers don't want to have their homes trashed by mud, snow, rain, etc!
- Buyers tend to purchase according to the school year so they don't pull kids out of school mid-year.